Activities of the church bring members together as well as providing fun and entertainment. Activities strengthen families, and foster unity and personal growth. Activities strengthen members by giving them a sense of belonging and mutual support.
Rejoice Office Hours
10:00 am- 2:00 pm, Monday through Friday
Celebrate the 500th Anniversary of the Reformation @ Rejoice! We have a fun filled day planned and hope to see you there, watch your e-mail for updates and sign up in the narthex to bring food for the potluck after the 10:45 service. Join us Sunday, October 29, 2017:
· 8:30 AM: Regular Traditional Worship
· 10:45 AM: Special Reformation Worship with Kenyan congregation visiting Rejoice and our Youth “offering” Indulgences as a Fundraiser. Please see what Martin Luther has to say about this in his 95 Theses!!!
· 12:00 Noon: A Reformed Potluck Lunch with BOTH Congregations … see the Potluck Sign Up in the Narthex!
· 1:00 PM: Special Reformation Worship Rejoice Chancel Choir and members visiting the Kenyan worship service
· 5:00 AM: Ascend Worship Service
· 6:00 PM: Oktoberfest Celebration on the Patio
Oompa! Oompa! Save the date for Oktoberfest 2017 Sunday, October 29 @ 6 pm following the Ascend service. Brats, Fun & All the Fixin’s will be provided, BYOB.
Thank you to all who helped unload pumpkins! Our Pumpkin Patch is officially open!! SEE YOU THERE!!
Starfish Recycling Day, this Saturday, October 28:
Bring your electronics to recyle with all proceeds benefiting Stafish Scholarships. We also need volunteers to help with the sale and to work the Patch this day. Check out Bubb Recylcing’s website @ www.bubbfundraising.com for a complte let of acceptable items.
Joint Finnish-Rejoice Service – November 12
Join our Finnish friends at a festive worship commemorating Finland’s 100 Independence Day and 500th Anniversary of the Reformation on Sunday, November 12 at 3 p.m. Our Bishop Erik Gronberg will speak as well as Rev. Auvo Naukkarinen from Helsinki, Finland, where he is the Senior Pastor of Töölö congregation that includes the famous Rock Church. Rev. Dr. Jarmo Tarkki will lead us in worship assisted by Rev. Ernie Hinojosa and Rev. J. Todd Bruning. Our music director is Ruusamari Teppo, M.Mus. A reception will follow. All are welcome to join this special event.
Worship Service Helpers Needed – Temple Talks in October
Well the dog days of summer have come to an end, what’s next for you this fall? We sure hope to see you in church each week, and while you are here anyway, how about trying something new? Not sure what’s available? During the month of October, several Ministry Team Leaders will start our Worship Services off with a brief explanation of their teams and what they need. Many teams are in need of additional helpers, and the more volunteers we have, the less work each person has to do! If you are interested in trying something new this fall, please write “Helper” on your attendance slip and someone will follow up with you
Prime Timers (Seniors)
Rejoice has an active Senior citizens group, Prime Timers, aims to foster fellowship a month the senior members of our congregation The group meets once a month for lunch, fellowship, occasional outings and other activities.
Wednesdays @ 10:30 am – Women – Rejoice
Wednesdays @ 7:00 pm – Women – meeting in member homes
Saturdays @ 7:30 am – Men – Rejoice (once a month)
Women’s Book Fellowship
Mark your calendars for these Book Club events to finish out 2017:
• October 10 @ 7 pm. Movie Night at Donna Bieber’s. The Girl on the Train.
• November 14 @ 7 pm. Hosted by Pam Devine. I Still Dream About You, by Fannie Flagg. The beloved author is at her irresistible and hilarious best in this novel. It is a comic mystery romp through the streets of Birmingham, AL, past, present, and future.
• December 2 @ 10 am. Annual Christmas Brunch and Book Exchange at Barbara Crysdale’s house 327 Hampton Court.
Mondays @ 6:30 pm – Las Colinas
Tuesdays @ 10:00 am – Rejoice
Wednesdays @ 6:30 pm – Coppell
Thursdays @ 6:30 pm – Coppell
Invitational Golf Outing Supporting Briarwood
Friday, October 20, 2017, 7:00 am registration and breakfast, 8:30 am shotgun start. The cost is $95 per golfer which includes breakfast, lunch, cart, balls, two drinks and a raffle ticket. Bridlewood Golf Club in Flower Mound, sign up today on Briarwood’s website; https://one.bidpal.net/briarwoodgolf/ticketing(details:ticketingsummar
ATTENTION ALL MUSICIANS – (or friends of musicians):
Please consider giving back to the Lord your gift of music. The Ascend Praise Band is always looking for assistance in sharing The Message through our gifts. Contact Carl Bergauer if you are interested. firstname.lastname@example.org